Monday, May 31, 2010

Updating the blog...

Apologies everyone for not updating the last few days. I've been in the process of moving and my internet access has been in flux. I'm trying to get it worked out and when I do, there will be more updates on here. Here's some of what's been going on in sports the past few days:

The Blackhawks lead the Flyers 2 games to none in the Stanley Cup Final with Game 3 set for Wednesday night on Versus. I'd say it's a must win for the Flyers, but they did rally from a 3-0 series deficit earlier in the playoffs against the Bruins. Both games have been decided by one goal, so I think there is still hope for the Flyers as they return home.

The NBA Finals get underway Thursday night on ABC with the (4) Boston Celtics taking on the (1) Los Angeles Lakers. I'll take the Lakers in seven even though I'm really, really hoping the Celtics can find a way to win it. I think it'll be a good series.

The Philadelphia Phillies had a perfect game from Roy Halladay on Saturday. Pretty incredible that we've had two in about three weeks when there have only been 20 now in the history of baseball. The Phils have been struggling lately and have fallen a half-game behind the Atlanta Braves following today's loss at Turner Field. With the season almost a third of the way through, the only prediction I regret is picking the White Sox to win the AL Central. My other picks: Rays, Angels, Phillies, Cardinals and Rockies with the Yankees and Braves taking the Wild Cards. Those all still seem plausible and I guess the White Sox could somehow turn it around but I'm not thinking that will happen.

Anyway, I will try and get the internet access issues resolved and at that point there will be more regular updates to the blog. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment