Sunday, January 23, 2011

Runnin' Utes and other thoughts

A couple of thoughts to start out here: is Anne Hathaway really going to play Cat Woman in a new movie? That's interesting news, but I guess maybe just mildly surprising. Wasn't there another movie like that out not too long ago? Okay, so that's not really sports, but I just felt like throwing that in there because I just saw something like that in my e-mail news feed. I may throw in a thought or two like this that aren't sports as part of sports posts every once in a while, we'll see. Don't worry, it's still going to be sports in every post. Another thing is that I've been surprised by how much of the Australian Open I've been watching. It's been some good, world class tennis, and has been pretty entertaining. I think I may be in danger of becoming a bigger tennis fan. I'm pulling for a Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal final in the men's draw, I think that would be pretty sweet.

Now, on to the Runnin' Utes. They won at TCU yesterday to record their 3rd straight win and move to .500 overall and in conference. Utah is looking improved and needs to keep it up. I'm encouraged and thinking that the Runnin' Utes could salvage the season. They next play at home against Colorado State on Saturday at 4 p.m. MT. I've been particularly impressed of late with how freshman J.J. O'Brien has come on, he's turning into quite a player. If he keeps this up, he could really key a strong finish to the season for Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment