Sunday, January 9, 2011

At least I got one NFL pick right this weekend

Well at least I was able to pick one of the four NFL playoff games this weekend accurately. Thanks to the Ravens knocking off the Chiefs 30-7, I wasn't completely shut out with my picks. This weekend just gives further proof that the NFL is a balanced league and that anything can happen on a given weekend. The Seahawks had a losing record during the regular season but won against the reigning champion Saints. The Jets topped the Colts and the Packers beat my Eagles in close contests.

I thought the Eagles probably should have won the game today and it's just an empty feeling as a fan to go out in the first round of the playoffs. The Packers won the game 21-16, but David Akers of the Eagles missed two field goals that changed the entire complexion of the game. Akers has been great for the Eagles over the years but he cost the team today. I thought the Eagles were still going to take the lead and win when they got the ball back in the closing minutes. I especially thought this after Michael Vick found Desean Jackson for a big gain to move into Packers territory with under one minute to go. However, Vick was picked off in the end zone and the game was over. Vick played pretty well and at least he was trying to make something happen without much time on the clock, so that's one you almost have to live with although as a fan it would have been nice to have a few more cracks at it.

I'll have some picks before the second round games next weekend -- for what they're worth. Looks like my Super Bowl pick of the Patriots vs. the Eagles won't happen, but I'll be back for more before next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment