Sunday, April 4, 2010

National Semifinal recap; Title Game pick


Well I was one for two last night on the Final Four games. I correctly picked Butler over Michigan State but missed on Duke beating West Virginia. Butler's defense was outstanding in their 52-50 win as they went nearly eleven minutes in the second half without a field goal and still managed to win. I thought there probably should have been a foul when Draymond Green of Michigan State drove with about ten seconds left and the Spartans down one, but there wasn't one called. I thought Butler did deserve to win, though as they made the plays down the stretch. I liked a quote from Michigan State coach Tom Izzo after the game: "If I was not playing, I'd be a Butler fan. I like the way they play, I like their story. They play like a Big Ten team." Butler really is a good story. It's awesome seeing a team from a non-BCS conference get to the national championship game and prove the critics wrong. I only hope they can continue their impressive run tomorrow night. As for Duke I was really impressed with them in their 78-57 win. Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith and Jon Scheyer were all on top of their game and if they do that again they'll be tough to beat on Monday. But I'm going to stick with my guns and pick Butler (33-4, 18-0 Horzion) over Duke (34-5, 13-3 ACC) tomorrow night. Tip off is at 7:21 p.m. MT on CBS and ncaa.com/mmod.

No comments:

Post a Comment