Saturday, April 3, 2010

Final Four picks

Okay so today is the Final Four! Way exciting stuff! The first game pits (5) Butler (32-4, 18-0 Horizon) vs. (5) Michigan State (28-8, 14-4 Big Ten) at 4:07 p.m. MT on CBS. In the nightcap it's (1) Duke (33-5, 13-3 ACC) vs. (2) West Virginia (31-6, 13-5 Big East) at about 6:47 p.m. also on CBS. In the first game I'll take Butler over Michigan State in a close game. I was very impressed with Butler's strong defense watching them in person last weekend and I think that along with Gordon Hayward will lead them to victory. And of course I think Butler will benefit from a substantial home court advantage. I'll take West Virginia over Duke in the second game. Da'Sean Butler is a big-time player and I'm thinking he'll have a good game to lead the Mountaineers to a win. Duke will need big performances from Jon Scheyer and Kyle Singler to come out on top. I could see this game going either way, but I think West Virginia pulls it out. In the title game on Monday, I'll take Butler over West Virginia. Butler's defense and what Coach Brad Stevens described after the Syracuse game as his team's "resolve" will carry the Bulldogs to the national title. And of course I think the team will be helped out significantly by star player Gordon Hayward as well as the home Indianapolis crowd. I'll be back on later to recap tonight's games.

No comments:

Post a Comment