Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Giants beat Pirates, K-Rod, Pierzynski, MLB Network

The Giants continue to impress, taking two out of three from the Pirates with a 6-0 win today. They are now 7-2 on the year with a big series against the Dodgers in Los Angeles coming up this weekend. Aubrey Huff had an inside the park homerun today that was fun to watch. I also enjoyed Eugenio Velez's two run shot last night. I hope Velez continues to get playing time, he's an exciting player and I think deserves some more at bats.

Another thought I had about Francisco Rodriguez hitting Willie Harris -- I think it was on purpose, I just don't understand why he felt like he had to hit Harris. I mean all Harris did was make a diving catch to win the game for his team, he didn't do anything to show up the Mets.

Ricky Romero of the Blue Jays took a no-hitter into the eighth inning against the White Sox before surrendering a two-run homerun to Alex Rios. A.J. Pierzynski reached first before that because he claimed he was hit by a pitch and acted like it stung him. However, replays clearly showed the pitch hit the ground and not Pierzynski's leg. This is just the latest incident like this for Pierzynski, who is notorious for such behavior as running into a fielder on the basepaths to attempt to get an interference call and of course running to first after a strike out in the 2005 ALCS against the Angels because he claimed the ball was not caught cleanly. I guess at least this time it wasn't the play to break up the no hitter, it's just disappointing that players are trying to gain advantages however they can.

As for my thoughts on MLB Network, it's just awesome. I love it. They have MLB Tonight and Quick Pitch which are shows which exclusively show baseball highlights and talk baseball. I was watching Quick Pitch this morning and it did a better job than SportsCenter in getting me filled in on the previous day's action. I still plan on watching SportsCenter in the future as it covers all sports, etc. but I will also be hitting up MLB Network for the latest on baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment