Friday, April 16, 2010

Giants trade Lewis to Toronto

The Giants traded outfielder Fred Lewis to the Toronto Blue Jays Thursday for a player to be named later or cash considerations. I'm sad that it didn't work out for Lewis with the Giants as I think he has a lot of raw skills and talent. Last year he was given the opportunity to start and he wasn't ready to do all that the team expected of him, particularly offensively. It was clear to me by the end of last season and this spring that he had fallen out of favor within the organization. I think the guys playing right now are deserving, I'm just kind of sad Lewis didn't get another chance to show what he can do with the Giants. However, I think that this trade could give him new life and new opportunities to show what he can do with the Jays. I'll be interested to see how it works out for him north of the border.

2 comments: