Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Runnin' Utes have progressed

It was nice to see Utah get a win in their final home game of the season after having such a rough year. The Utes knocked off a Stanford team that has won 19 games this year.

I remember when I was watching Utah get pounded by Boise State at the start of the season, analyst Joe Cravens remarked that when he used to coach against Larry Krystkowiak in the Big Sky that Krystkowiak's teams always seemed to be getting better. Cravens also said that there was no doubt in his mind that Krystkowiak was the right guy for the job at Utah.

I remember having my doubts at the time because the Runnin' Utes looked really bad that night in Boise. However, I will say that despite the lack of talent on this year's team, Utah has gotten better throughout the season. Also, they have been playing hard the last several games despite the numerous losses.

It seems that the future is probably bright for the Utes under Larry Krystkowiak. I'm excited for next season and for the end of this season. Utah is at Oregon State tomorrow night at 8 p.m. MT.

No comments:

Post a Comment