Thursday, March 24, 2011

Unprofessional media; Sweet 16 gets under way tonight

Some really ridiculous questions were asked at Wednesday's press conference in New Orleans, regarding BYU's honor code, etc. Gary Parrish has some nice thoughts on it. It really is rather ridiculous that the journalists asking these questions are considered professionals. Again, even though I'm not a BYU fan, it makes me very happy to be LDS when I know the school that my church sponsors is willing to stick by its values. And major props to Florida star Chandler Parsons for not taking the bait from the media when asked about the situation.

The Sweet Sixteen gets under way tonight on CBS and TBS. In Anaheim we have (2) San Diego State vs. (3) Connecticut in the early game and (1) Duke vs. (5) Arizona in the night cap. In New Orleans it's (2) Florida vs. (3) BYU in the early game and (4) Wisconsin vs. (8) Butler in the night cap. I anticipate all being good games and I'm excited to see how they turn out. The two early games in particular I anticipate being very close and very exciting all the way down to the closing minutes. In the Florida-BYU game I really don't have a good feel on who will win, so I'll just have to watch and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment