Saturday, January 14, 2012

2nd round NFL playoff picks

Here's a look at the second round NFL games this weekend:

Saints at 49ers, 2:30 p.m. MT, FOX: I really want to pick the 49ers, especially at home, but my head says the Saints will win this game because of their incredible offense. San Francisco's defense is really strong and it will need to play well in order to keep the Niners in the game. Alex Smith and the offense will have to make sure they get touchdowns and not field goals in the red zone. I think the Saints win in a close one, 27-21.

Broncos at Patriots, 6 p.m. MT, CBS: I don't think the Broncos have any shot in this game. The Patriots are just too good and too seasoned. Even if the game was in Denver, the Broncos would be a long shot, but with the game in New England, there's is just no way I see an upset happening (as much as I would like to). Patriots win big, 38-14.

Texans at Ravens, 11 a.m. MT Sunday, CBS: The Texans will be lucky to get more than 10 points in this game, with a third or fourth string quarterback going against a notoriously stingy Baltimore defense. The Ravens will feed off the home crowd and win this one handily, 24-3.

Giants at Packers, 2:30 p.m. MT Sunday, FOX: The Giants have been playing well the last few weeks and gave the Packers a run for their money in the regular season in the Meadowlands. I think they will make this game closer than a lot of people are expecting. However, the Packers are going to be tough to beat at home and have a great quarterback in Aaron Rodgers. I'll take Green Bay, 35-28.

2 comments:

  1. Teebow mania, is hopefully now squashed for a while. The Broncos limped into the playoffs, and because the AFC wild card race was decided by tie breakers. Not to take anything away from the Patriots, because they dominated Denver, at least the Steelers would have made a game of it. the AFC and NFC Championships are going to be fun to watch. Predictions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. The Steelers would have made a game of it. I wouldn't be against a rule saying a team had to have a winning record to have a home playoff game in the first place.

    I'm looking forward to this weekend's games. I expect both to be close. The Ravens will need more out of Joe Flacco to pull off the upset, but their defense should keep the game close regardless. I think the Patriots win, 17-13. In the NFC, I expect a close game as well, but Alex Smith really showed me something so I will take the 49ers at home, 23-20.

    ReplyDelete