Wednesday, August 18, 2010

McGrady signs with Pistons, MLB notes

The Detroit Pistons signed Tracy McGrady to a one-year deal and it just seems to me that neither side is going to benefit from this relationship. The Pistons are not a contender and McGrady has a huge ego and appears to have left his best playing days behind him. So I'm skeptical but I suppose I'll still have to stick with rooting for the Pistons (my second favorite NBA team) even though I really don't like McGrady.

As for baseball, the Giants (67-53) lost two of three to the Padres (71-47) this weekend and now trail in the National League West by five games. The Padres just looked like the better team overall as sad as that is for me to say. After dropping the opener to the Phillies (67-51) tonight in Philadelphia tonight, the Giants now trail the Wild Card by one game as well. The Giants absolutely have to win one of the next two in Philadelphia to stay within striking distance in the Wild Card. Tomorrow looks like it could be a win -- I'd take Matt Cain starting over Joe Blanton on any day of the week. I gotta keep my head up about all this as there is a lot of baseball yet to be played and a lot is possible.

Other series to check out going on right now are the Rays (73-46) and the Rangers (67-51) in a match-up of division leaders as well as the Twins (69-50) hosting the White Sox (65-54) in a series that features the top two in the AL Central. The Twins won the opener, so the pressure is on the Sox to get at least one of the last two at Target Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment