Friday, April 8, 2011

World Champion Giants to raise banner

The World Champion San Francisco Giants (2-4) will host the St. Louis Cardinals (2-4) Friday afternoon at 2:35 p.m. MT on MLB Extra Innings and mlb.tv. It will be the home opener for the World Champions and the first time they have played a meaningful game at AT&T Park since the 2010 World Series last fall. I'm told there will be a number of awesome festivities before the game even starts, including the raising of the Giants' World Championship banner, which will be an awesome thing to see.

The game is almost secondary to me at this point, but I do think it would be a real shame if they were to lose their home opener. Jonathan Sanchez (0-1) will start for the World Champions and Jake Westbrook (0-1) will go for the Cardinals. It seems to me that the Giants got hosed by the scheduling process. I don't think they should have had to start out on the road against two division rivals that each were having their home openers. Oh well, I guess. Even Commissioner Bud Selig can't ruin what should be a great Friday in San Francisco. The Giants have started a little slow, but there is a lot of baseball left to be played and I think they will be just fine and be right there when the season winds down. And I think they definitely will benefit from playing at home. Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment