Sunday, April 17, 2011

Musings on the World Champion Giants' recent play

Hasn't been a good month for me on the blogging circuit. Apologies to those of you who check it on a regular basis. I will be better about this in the future. Anyway, the World Champion San Francisco Giants (8-7) lost in 12 innings today to the Arizona Diamondbacks (6-8). It was a tough loss to swallow as the Giants really should have won the game. I'm pleased they won 2 of 3 in the series, but it feels like they let the finale slip away.

Next up is a big series with the Colorado Rockies (12-3). Big for April, anyway. Still, it could kind of serve as a measuring stick for the Giants. The Rockies have been red hot to start the year and look like a very dangerous team, particularly on offense. Troy Tulowitzki has particularly had a strong start and could very well have an MVP caliber season. Fortunately for the Giants, they have the front end of their rotation lined up for the series with Lincecum, Sanchez and Cain schedule to pitch. Game times are 6:40, 6:40 and 1:10 p.m. MT Monday through Wednesday and can be seen on Root Sports in the rocky mountain region. Outside of my region, it's MLB Extra Innings or mlb.tv.

I think the Giants have been playing much better since that first road trip of the year, as is evidenced by having a four game winning streak that was snapped today. I think they will be fine, but I sure hope the Rockies cool down a little bit before too long. I'm excited to see how the Giants handle this road series and I'll be tweeting updates throughout it.

No comments:

Post a Comment