Saturday, October 22, 2011

Albert Pujols with a historic night

Pictured: Albert Pujols connects for one of his three home runs in Game 3 Saturday night in Texas.

Well, my Utah Utes (3-4, 0-4 Pac-12) lost 34-10 to Cal (4-3, 1-3 Pac-12) tonight and looked pretty listless. So, I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time on that.

The story of the night was Albert Pujols of the St. Louis Cardinals hitting 3 home runs in Game 3 of the World Series. Pujols is the 3rd player in the history of Major League Baseball to do this in a World Series game, joining Babe Ruth (who did it twice) and Reggie Jackson. It's just the type of thing you don't exactly expect to see when you tune it to watch because it's such a rarity. I don't know if I have words to describe what an achievement it is. When Pujols hit that 3rd home run in the 9th, I let out a little yelp because I realized I had just seen something improbable and incredible.

The Cardinals now lead the World Series 2 games to 1. This means Game 4 tomorrow night is a must-win for the Rangers, especially with Cards ace Chris Carpenter slated to pitch Game 5. The Cardinals have shown that their offense is real and to be reckoned with. Game 4 will show a lot about the character of the Rangers.

6 comments:

  1. My Utes? I though all the U fans had jumped ship. Well I'm glad you still claim them. They are like the kid who went to prom with the queen and when they got to the dance she ditched the poor kid and he was all alone on the dance floor feeling like he should have stayed home.

    How does a D-1, Pac 12 team get in a position where they have no back-up QB? Hays?

    There is a reason Chow didn't get the Y job and can't keep a job wherever he goes.

    Good luck Utes I hope you can turn it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see truth in the statements I see no hate perhaps you can point out the hate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather not waste my time, you don't seem like the type that would be swayed be a reasonable argument.

    ReplyDelete
  4. which means you have no reasonable argument, since all you do is call me a hater and won't back it up. So who is the real hater? I put something out there asking for a retort and you come up with what? Why do you have a blog if someone writes something that you may not like and you blow it off like that? Not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My apologies, there was no need for me to react the way I did. Hays has sucked, but I think Chow could still be a good coach, hard to tell with what he's had to work with at QB the last few weeks. I think things will get better for us in the Pac-12, maybe a few wins this year over the bottom tier and hopefully some good recruiting and depth next year and the years to come.

    ReplyDelete