Saturday, October 9, 2010

Utes visit Iowa State tonight

The 10th ranked University of Utah Utes (4-0, 2-0 MWC) visit Iowa State (3-2, 1-1 Big 12) at 5 p.m. MT. The game will be televised on Fox College Sports, available tonight on channel 623 on DirecTV and on expanded Comcast in the Salt Lake area although I am not sure what channel. The Utes face their first real road test because as one of my friends said a good high school team could probably give New Mexico a good game this year.

Under Kyle Whittingham the Utes have traditionally done well with more than one week to prepare and that's what they have now following their 56-3 trouncing of San Jose State two weeks ago. I expect the Utes to be hungry and ready to go tonight, but I don't think it will be all that easy of a game. It's a long trip to Ames, Iowa and the Cyclones will have their sights set on a knocking off a top 10 team.

Iowa State is led by senior quarterback Austin Arnaud who from what I have read can run and throw the ball so the Utes will have to watch out for that. The Cyclones' running game was solid last week also as they had a pair of running backs go over the century mark in Alexander Robinson and Shontrelle Johnson. Of course I do think Utah's defense is more formidable than that of Texas Tech but the Utes still have to be wary of the Cylcones.

I'll take the Utes in a close one on the road. You can follow me on Twitter during the game for updates at twitter.com/dpaysports. I'll be back to blog after the game as well. Go Utes!

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog you have here Derek, I'd never have the discipline to write it all down and utilize social media like you!! You're awesome! -- see you for the game, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, it's something I enjoy doing. Glad you're checking it out. And the Utes really did put a good beat down on ISU.

    ReplyDelete